Champion Staffing is seeking an experienced Contract Lead Operator to join our Calgary-based client. This position is located in the Slave Lake area and has an 8/6 shift with 10-hour days.
This position involves managing contractual agreements, ensuring compliance, and leading a team to optimize production and safety protocols. The Contract Lead Operator plays a crucial role in maintaining efficiency and adherence to industry standards, contributing significantly to the success of oil and gas projects.
- Coordinate and optimize daily operational activities.
- Lead and supervise a team of operators to ensure efficient and safe production.
- Continuously evaluate and implement process improvements to enhance operational efficiency.
- Ensure all operations activities are in compliance with corporate, provincial and federal regulations.
- Make sure that assigned tasks come with the necessary work and safety instructions, and ensure strict adherence to these instructions during task completion.
- Submit weekly reports that includes general activity and summary of safety concerns
- 10+ years’ work experience (preference given to familiarity or experience in the Oil and Gas Industry) with a minimum of 5+ years in field operations role.
- Extensive knowledge of Ground Disturbance, OH&S legislation, AER regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a high-paced and fast- changing work environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills (written and verbal) multi-tasking and problem solving.
- First Aid Certification, H2S Alive, and $5MM liability insurance.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.